05 September, 2010

Recovering Nicely

Well I survived the “minor” procedure called SPAYED! Actually I am really doing well mom hasn’t given me any pain medicine for which I am glad, since it makes me very loopy and I don’t have any control over my paws. You would not believe the contraption the vet put me in while I was asleep! It was a plastic cone around my neck. Mom called it victrola-head. Thankfully mom removed it when we got home so I was able to eat and drink a little. What were they thinking when they put that darn thing around my neck?? When I got done, mom reached for the cone, grabbed me and put it on. WTF!! That just can’t be tolerated I raced through the entire house down the hall, through the family room, past the kitchen, at lightning speed I rounded the corner to the living room down the back stretch heading for my favorite hiding spot the closet. Mom found me (note to self change hiding spot) and picked me up. Now what?? The cone was removed!!! Yipeeeee!!!

I strolled around so happy (might have been those drugs) and I saw my pal Bustifer. I started to tell him everything that had happened to me, but I didn’t get the chance he HISSED at me! What did I do? Every time I got near him he hissed! I was the one who went through surgery what was his problem. I saw the old grump KC and he hissed. I didn’t understand it at all. Mom explained saying I had “vet stink.” I took a big breath in, didn’t smell anything, certainly nothing different. Maybe those darn drugs messed my sense of smell.
I wanted to show my buddy Bustifer that I am the same Sophie that I have always been. So I got up real early and was racing around the house, I can now make a 3 foot vertical jump. In the late afternoon around dinner time Bustifer finally took me back in. I guess that "vet stink" finally went away. I am so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment